Author Topic: dual injectorators  (Read 14881 times)

Offline tenyears

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8
  • Your Engine: hp
  • Your Track: drag
  • Your Vehicle: car
  • General Location: oh
dual injectorators
« on: September 16, 2016, 08:23:27 PM »
I need a lot of help at this point.
I have a pair of injectorators, kinda rough alittle pitting inside bowls. I think im missing a lot.
is there a parts diagram and system diagram to help get me started on rebuilding and setting these up?
 I don't have any nozzles or jets or pill or high speeds or pump.it needs all new line hose.
im using these on a 1000hp ,8500rpm. 110 gas and street pump gas. clutch,lenco.
thank you for any help,or advise.

dreracecar

Re: dual injectorators
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 08:57:57 AM »
I believe Waterman was involved with these, might want to go there.

Pitting should not be an issue, all those were was a fuel injector with an accelerator pump so you would not have to run fat on the bottom with gas like a straight fuel injector

Offline hemidakota

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.69 @ 173.5mph
  • Your Engine: 510 B1MC Wedge
  • Your Track: sacramento raceway
  • Your Vehicle: 02 200" fed
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »
good luck with the gas. we have one on alky and love it. waterman was no help setting it up. they have been bought out and still have parts available. james barton jabarton5618@gmail.com is the contact info I have. what pump and throttle bodies do you have? if there is any info I can help with ask. I am no professional but with help im sure you can get in the ball park.
If it jams force it, if it breaks it needed replaced anyways

Offline hemidakota

• View Profile

Offline tenyears

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 11:34:39 AM »
good luck with the gas. we have one on alky and love it. waterman was no help setting it up. they have been bought out and still have parts available. james barton jabarton5618@gmail.com is the contact info I have. what pump and throttle bodies do you have? if there is any info I can help with ask. I am no professional but with help im sure you can get in the ball park.

james barton is a dead end. ive seen that info over the years and its been a dead end from day one. nothing out there.
  thanks for info.

Offline masracingtd1167

• bill masiello Shelton Ct.
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.40's at 181 on motor 6.94 at 192 nitrous
  • Your Engine: 394 chevy
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 2003 Neil and Parks
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »
Do you run in a class that must run gasoline ? Looks like you are going to spend a lot of money on a system that is pretty much obsolete . My suggestion would be to look for a pair of Rons Terminators or a bird or bug catcher top for your manifold and run alcohol .

Offline tenyears

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 12:32:05 PM »
thanks guys for helping with my question.
 im sorry,im wrong about my dead end statement.
 jim barton is the new owner of the injectorator system. he talked to me and im sending him my parts. he has customers out there in truck pull and more. he will be going though my used rough injectorators to make them new again for my combo.

im sorry I was wrong for my earlier message.

Offline tenyears

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »
been a long road. its hard for me to find good help and I do 90% myself. well im over 5 years of down time due to companys accepting the work and returning lies each for a full year of wasted time. im ready to spread a list of these names. why let them hurt others. believe me they are the opposite of me when it comes to respect for each other.  there no different than a common scammer. never do business with list...
  Herbert
 geradot
 next?

Offline Curly1

• View Profile
    • AireTex Compressors
  • Your Best Time: 7.95 @ 167 1/4 mile
  • Your Track: Texas Motorplex
  • Your Vehicle: 125" Altered
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »
Okay, I think you are asking for trouble if you plan on running gas through any mechanical injection. Electronic injection yes, Mechanical- no. Especially on the street. They are hard enough with alcohol and alcohol is very forgiving and where gas is not.  Also since you use so much more alcohol the nozzles are much larger and that to makes it more forgiving.
With that said I think BEST investment you can do there is to dyno the motor with someone who knows mechanical injection. Have a bunch of nozzles, jets and bypasses when you do. A good dyno operator can get your tune on the money with just a few pulls. You could spend $150 a day and most all season going to the track and testing or you could spend $225 on dyno and have it right.
Mechanical fuel injection requires a good pump, properly sized nozzles and mains for the pressure you are working with to get right volume of fuel into motor. The motor requires x Lbs of fuel to make X Horsepower and it can be figured out mathematically to get you close if you know the pump size pressure, nozzles etc.

Offline tenyears

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 02:28:05 PM »
well add james barton to the list of dead ends as far as companys that say they will but don't.
 you guys on here help me find him. he said yes ten days he said it will be done. its been lies after lies and around 6 months now. no respect at all for me the customer. so now he has my parts that I have $700. invested in. I have asked him for months to send it back in any condition or send a check and buy my parts I sent you. but he chooses to be silent or tell more lies. just yet another crook like Herbert and don gerardot all have failed to do what they tell the customer they will do. just plain crooks. james barton had me ship my parts to jim barton 2967 s. atlantic av#1607 Daytona beach shores,fl. 32118.  so if anyone out there can help me recover yet another great loss of my time please help. each time these guys screw me out of a year it takes another year to attempt to recover. so each of these crooks have wasted two years of my time. man they need stopped.

Offline tenyears

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »
if I cant get any help on this. then please have the moderator delete all this and close my account. im out two years and $700. on this issue. ive been robbed too many times over the past ten years trying to build a car among crooks in the business.  you either raise xxxx with me or.

Offline hemidakota

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 02:13:44 PM »
That sucks, I feel your pain. Ken Black has had my money for a block for almost 20 months. If you get your parts back I may be able to help. I am no pro by all means but I have made a couple injectorator systems work very well on alky. Good luck and hope for the best.

dreracecar

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 05:17:57 PM »
I had Ken down at the shop yesterday,(did a touch up weld repair) they just recieved a bunch of new castings and are in process of being machined now

Offline hemidakota

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 07:18:39 PM »
Yes I will eventually get a block...Glad they are pulling thru all this

Offline tenyears

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 05:06:10 AM »
  can any of you fellow car guys help by calling jim barton 386-589-1620 .  and ask him to repair or sell you product or something to figure out why he disappears from customers. then report the info back to me. he wont answer me.
   he accepted my parts I paid $700. for. then he told me in ten days he would return a ready to run fuel system. he mentioned $1500. cost, I said I can pay now, then he disappears no more contact from him after seven months.  the sherrif is helping me in his area. but I feel I need other racers to pressure him. jim barton doesn't seem to be able to do whats right. so please help in anyway you can. thanks.
  what these people don't understand is he has cheated my father out of getting to see the car go again before he past away. so now my father past away and we didn't get to enjoy the car one last time,because of these people that steal your time from you. there causing a lot of compounding problems. if you cant keep your word, please stop taking work. it don't make any sense. other than your asking for trouble.