Author Topic: Blower manifold question  (Read 4441 times)

Offline arush

• View Profile
  • Your Engine: Blown-Alcohol-Injected 427 BBC
  • Your Track: Thompson Raceway Park
  • Your Vehicle: King Chassis 160" FED
  • General Location: Pa.
Blower manifold question
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:38:29 PM »
Building a new King Chassis 160" fed. Mild 427 BBC, 10.5 : 1 compression, Dyers Blower with a new Hilborn 4 port injection system. This digger is just for fun and do not plan on running any particular class or getting into any competition racing. Those days are past me now. My current blower manifold has the spring type pop off plate at the rear. Keeping in mind that I do not plan on rotating the earth with this set up, do you see any issues running this manifold or do I need to run a burst panel manifold. I appreciate any input.

dreracecar

Re: Blower manifold question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:50:49 PM »
Depends on the enforced rules, but if you had a small blower pop and the O-ring dislodged would keep the manifold from sealing. converting to a burst panel is not that big of a deal and you are covered if for your deal they mandate them. When they first came into play they were expensive, but now they are cheap enough thats it a no brainer. Pros change them out quite often before they blow , but stay away from used, they could be 1 run away from blowing do to fatigue

Offline arush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »
Appreciate the feed back dreracer and respect your experience. I was at Bowling Green last weekend and spoke to a guy from Good Vibrations and he showed a conversion kit but the bolt pattern on it looked a lot wider than mine. My two pop off bolts are 1-1/2" apart center to center. Do you know who sells a conversion burst panel kit for my current Weiand manifold ?

dreracecar

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:47:54 PM »
Its something that I can machine up for you given some more info/pictures of your current manifold setup. Haveing it in the rear does create some issues and better to attach in front of the manifold and just block off the rear opening with the cover and bolts instead of springs. Current top fuel burst plates are smaller because they run 2 verses the single large one that avail thru Goodvibes. So using a single small one could work for your deal if the only spot is at the back

Offline arush

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »
Going to Norwalk this weekend. While I am there I will check out the top fuel burst panels and take some measurements. Thanks....