Technical > Roo Man's Room

Short or long Glide?

(1/3) > >>

Blind Mule:
I am thinking about a shorty for my car I think with my peanut motor I won't have a wheelstand problem if so there is always wheeliebars ;)  Who runs a short glide and what is the ratio?

I am gonna run the Phoenix 10x5.33 that is a big dang tire it is 12in. wide and has almost 104 rollout I like a tall narrow tire and not as much to drag around for my gutless wonder :-[

Any idea on rear gear ratio just bracket car but want it to run good as possible?

I have about 4 convertor's but pretty sure I need the exact one for this car!

Anybody run a Paul's convertor he is from up North not sure what state?

Randy!

rooman:
I have customers with both short and long 'glides and they run varying low gear ratios. Same with final drive ratio--it all depends on tire size, converter, low gear ratio and where the motor makes power. We thought that we had it all figured out with Glenn Lever's car as he had dynoed the motor and knew how much power he had and what the torque curve was but the first time out the package worked well enough that he was bouncing off the limiter on the top end (Of course he runs a Pontiac and they don't rev that high--LOL)

Roo

denverflatheader:
ouch!  : )

GlennLever:
It was an easy fix, bought some taller used tires and rims right there at the track. I have been running those ever since. The tires and rims that were on the dragster are now going on the gasser.

denverflatheader:
Blind Mule - for me, I just had our local speed shop build me a new shorty pg and ordered new convertor.  I put a jw ultrabell for Ford small pattern on it.  It has 1.76 1st.  Tires are 31 tall.  Untested yet, the mountain doesn't open till April.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version