Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3528 times)

Offline racerken

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.76 1/4 mile (FED)
  • Your Track: State Capital Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: FED
  • General Location: Baton Rouge La
Introduction
« on: May 22, 2016, 07:38:22 PM »
Hi:  My name is Ken Thibodeaux and I live in Baton Rouge, La. I have been in and around drag racing since the early 60's when I was in high school and worked as the flagman at the old Biloxi Drag strip in Mississippi. Last year I purchased my current ride, a Boogie Scott FED rolling chassis. Had Boogie Scott build a new body and do some updates to the chassis. Plan to go back to my roots and do the nostalgia thing. Not much nostalgia racing here in south Louisiana but plan to foot brake race locally and do some racing with the Southwest Heritage Racing Assn. (NE3?) and the Southern Gassers/ Made a few T&T passes recently with it. Basic mild 355"sbc/pg with carb on gas.  Results  5'67 121mph and 9.17 145mph. Just took off the carb and installed a Hilborn stack injector an alky. Will T&T this coming weekend. Plan to run the HRR in Bowling Green next month. Hope to meet some of you.Thanks for the site. Great source of information.   Trying to post a picture but keep getting an error message. Will try to post picture as soon as I figure it out.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:56:08 PM by GlennLever »

Offline rooman

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.200/222.05 (1/4 mile--NT/F)
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 05:00:33 AM »
Nice looking ride Ken. Boogie is a cool dude and I always look forward to seeing him at Bowling Green.

Roo
Yeah, I am from the south--any further south and I would have been a bloody penguin.

Offline racerken

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.76 1/4 mile (FED)
  • Your Track: State Capital Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: FED
  • General Location: Baton Rouge La
Re: Introduction
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:46:41 AM »
Roo:  I will probably see Boogie tomorrow.  I will tell him you said Hi.