Author Topic: NDRL Second race of the season NHRA Hot Rod Reunion Beech Bend Raceway Park  (Read 10088 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Not sure what I will be doing, just frustrated right now, two first round loses in a row
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Paul New

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.47 @ 214 MPH SBC
  • Your Engine: 387" SBC
  • Your Track: Woodburn Dragstrip
  • Your Vehicle: 2005 FED
Not sure what I will be doing, just frustrated right now, two first round loses in a row

I hate to say it Glenn but first round loses happen and sometimes they happen too often. I totally understand not driving the stripe but you are not running a heads up first to the stripe wins class, with that being said if you are near the stripe and no other car in site lift!! I hate doing this but I do as I know I will break out sometimes. At our last event I only made two qualifying passes and the second was the quicker of the two at a 6.70 but I know I shifted early and shaved some ET so I knew my car would go quicker come eliminations. First round comes up I dialed the car at a 6.70 against a car that dialed a 7.50 my plans were to lift as I passed him if I had the space, well you know the car was on a great pass but I was still along ways away but closing in quick as my front tires reached the back of his car I was out of the throttle since I knew my MPH would pass him prior to the finish light and yes I did win light came on. Talking to him at the finish line he had no clue who won but said he was on his best pass ever. Come to find out we both broke out he did by a little more than me .001 and I ran a 6.55 but I cut a better light so that is how I had the room to lift. Just lucky scenario.