Author Topic: down nozzle set of 8 pcs  (Read 3413 times)

Offline alkyal

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Quaker City/Dragway 42
  • Your Vehicle: Not a Driver-Nostaliga AA/FD
down nozzle set of 8 pcs
« on: May 09, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »
Thought it would be easier on here. Have a set of 8 nozzles that were in a set of Brodix 12X12 heads [These appear to be a set of -12s that Brodix rolled to 12 deg-not made any more] The nozzles that were in the heads were Kinsler 580s. According to them, they are NOT worth trying to test and/or reflow. They said they were TWISTED from over tightening in the heads. What do you have that would be a replacement for these nozzles? Or is someone feeding me a line? We have 2 pumps that are flow tested and are Said to be GOOD pumps.Both are K-W s.One is a 500 and other is a 400. The engine is an all Alum 410 in a pavement Sprint Car.Thanks Al

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
Re: down nozzle set of 8 pcs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 06:27:23 AM »

Hi Al,

I'm not sure what you have there...what thread are they? I'm sure we have something that would replace them. A 580 Kinsler nozzle is around a .030" or so. If they still work and stay in the head, I can't imagine that they're trash. If they need work to make them work, they may not be worth it. Can you post a picture?

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

Offline alkyal

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Quaker City/Dragway 42
  • Your Vehicle: Not a Driver-Nostaliga AA/FD
Re: down nozzle set of 8 pcs
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 04:47:58 PM »
Thanks for your response. I dont have the nozzles in my possession yet. They are 1/2-20 thread with 4 air bleeds. The tip length is 1 inch. they are a std Down Nozzle used in Sprint Car Engines. Al