Drag Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

New NHRA track 1000 ft.!!!!!!!

(1/2) > >>

Blind Mule:
Is this a sign of things to come?  Don't matter to me I will run a 100ft. race if they have it ;D

http://www.dragracingonline.com/agent1320/2013/1320-xv_1-72.html

H.G. Wells:
I am an old stick in the mud traditional 1/4 mile guy.  However... with the demise of so many tracks around the country I am thrilled that someone is trying to build a new one.  I have raced on some real sketchy west Texas tracks that did not have enough shut down to run a fast car 1/4 safely.  If we have to go to 1000 to keep running I say bring em on.  If that is the new business model to make the insurance folks happy I am game.

GlennLever:
I also like the 1/4 mile, but I just finished putting my 2013 schedule together and more than half the races are less than a 1/4 mile, depressing.

bud:
There are some guys trying to build a track near where the Mid Amercia Raceway track at Wentzville, mo They have been trying for the last 3 or 4 years so hopefully they will get started pushing dirt this year. We have also lost KCIR track but got St Louis back for a year to year deal. The guys at mar are getting there stuff togather : !

Flyingdutchmanfc:
Yes its 100 feet or 1000 I will still be there. Its probably more due to the lack of land available then the actual just wanting to cut it short. If I understand correctly theres not any sancioning body attached to it yet, they are trying to sanction it with the NHRA first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version