Drag Racing Discussions > Gassers

New to the site and saying, Hello !

(1/4) > >>

bfalfa55:
I didn't see an INTRODUCTION Thread, so I will say HELLO here and hopefully not make anybody mad ! I am a Nostalgia Drag Racing Nut with a 55 Chevy, non-straight axle, GAS COUPE AND SEDAN inspired car. I will expound more on my HEAP of a car but am glad I was accepted here first  as long as I have not offended anyone with my first message ! Thanks for the add !

Van:
This is as good as any place to introduce yourself.
 Hi and welcome. please Post pics of your 55  and post more info about it. The Gasser section is just starting to have some action.
 Van
 PS always remember Glenn wants this to be a family type board, so clean language here.

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: bfalfa55 on March 26, 2016, 07:42:40 PM ---I didn't see an INTRODUCTION Thread, so I will say HELLO here and hopefully not make anybody mad ! I am a Nostalgia Drag Racing Nut with a 55 Chevy, non-straight axle, GAS COUPE AND SEDAN inspired car. I will expound more on my HEAP of a car but am glad I was accepted here first  as long as I have not offended anyone with my first message ! Thanks for the add !

--- End quote ---

This is a perfect place to introduce yourself.

Welcome.

bfalfa55:
Well I resized some pics. My 55 is using many parts from my dads car in high school. I actually have the original 265 from his car drom 196-. It is running a mild 350, Super T-10, 3.70 rear. Best time with a non-hole shot launch, 14.06 @ 97 MPH. Plans are in the works to build a 56 265 with a modern roller cam, dome pistons and L98 aluminum heads. And as the picture shows, I may make it with a scratch built adapted Eaton M112. I may just go with a different small blower setup but I don't have much in this blower.

digster:
Does your 55 need to be streetable? I sure would  consider putting the 265 under the bench for safe keeping and building the 350. 85 extra cubes will help. A stack injected 355 in a gasser will "Haul the mail" !! :D Just my 2 cents. Welcome to Front Engine Dragsters. Glen's got a great site here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version