Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

"Starter" for a Blower

(1/3) > >>

bud:
Anyone ever built a snout started for a 671 root blower.

GlennLever:
No, I have been advised to use the starter that I have. I purchased a belt guard with the ability to be used for a bl;ower starter, and I have received advise that as lon as I have that I should put the dog on the pulley should I have a problem with the current starter. I would like to see a home built starter.

GlennLever:
It is stripped, I do not know what with, I want it to be loose as the engine it is on right now was never ment to be a blower engine.
I will be 20% under driven, I just need 3 tenths. It is a high velix modified retro stripped 871 blower.

wideopen231:
What is this under drive you talk off.    Man spin it I have cpl setups 48 to 64% over if you need the pulleys . ;D

glennadmin:

--- Quote from: wideopen231 on February 11, 2013, 05:49:34 AM ---What is this under drive you talk off.    Man spin it I have cpl setups 48 to 64% over if you need the pulleys . ;D

--- End quote ---

This engine was not built to take that. It is the completely wrong set up. I was running 8.59 in the 1/4 last year and want to be able to run an 8.5 index this year.

By adding just a little boost it is a 101 class on running a blower and I should have enough to tune to that 8.5 index.

I'm not one of the big boys yet, but working on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version