Offline racerken

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.76 1/4 mile (FED)
  • Your Track: State Capital Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: FED
  • General Location: Baton Rouge La
Intro
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:23:55 AM »
Hi Gang:  Just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself.  My name is Ken Thibodeaux and I live in Baton Rouge. La.  I went to my  1st. Drag Race as a 9th. grader (1960).  In 1962 I started working as the Flagman at the Biloxi (Mississippi) Drag Strip.  Bought & raced my first car in 1975 (B/ED FED).  Continued to race a  varity of dragsters until my last car, a blown/injected  RED Top Dragster until I stopped racing in 2011.  In Dec. 2014 I "Got the Bug" to go back racing a FED and purchased a 185" Boogie Scott car.  Long story short, rather than putting an engine in it and going racing,  I decided to have Boogie build me a new, full body.  He said it should take 4-6 weeks.  A few updates to the chassis and 10 months later I picked the car up.  (Craftsmanship takes time, lol) and he is a Craftsman.  I have everything to put it back together once I get the chassis back from powdercoating.  Hoping early next week.  Will be running an injected SBC w/ powerglide.  (Wanted something unique,lol)  Will try to post pics of progress if I can figure out how.  Hope to be up and running in 3-6 weeks.   That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!    Ken 

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:21:40 PM »
Welcome!

How to post pictures

http://www.frontenginedragsters.org/forum/index.php/topic,559.0.html

If you have problems, until you figure it out send them to me and I will add them for you.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/