Author Topic: 30% with stack injection  (Read 3559 times)

Offline alkyal

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Quaker City/Dragway 42
  • Your Vehicle: Not a Driver-Nostaliga AA/FD
30% with stack injection
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:32 AM »
Building a BBC approx 500 cu-in. Alum heads 360 int. runners and a Hilborn 3 in 3pc manifold inside nozzles. Have a 7 amp big cap Mallory that you did. With 30% as a starting point and probably not exceeding 50% due to components in short block. 2 questions: 1 what size pump do I need so as to NOT have to change when upping the percentage [ie Hilb/Waterman/Enderle]and what nozzle would be a good size to start @ 30/35%  2 What C/R do you suggest ? I dont intend to run pure methanol. I dont have pistons yet. Thanks Al

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
Re: 30% with stack injection
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 06:38:28 AM »

You could run up to 50-60% using a -1 Hilborn or Enderle pump. Of course, nozzles and pill size change as you increase, but it would work just fine for your needs up to 60% or so.

I'd start with .038" or .040" nozzles at 30-35%. Be sure they are flow matched! You'll want nozzles that flow approximately .400 GPM @ 100 PSI @ .792.

I'd suggest around 11.5:1 or so for a compression ratio.

Have fun!
 Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

Offline alkyal

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Quaker City/Dragway 42
  • Your Vehicle: Not a Driver-Nostaliga AA/FD
Re: 30% with stack injection
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »
Thanks for your quick and informative reply on my question. Will search out the suggested components. Engine will be used in a FED that has history here in Clev. Ohio @ Draqgway 42.Hope to have the car finished for the Grand RE-Opening   Al