Author Topic: Enderle Fuel Filter with shutoff - pros/cons?  (Read 3777 times)

Offline voxnut

• View Profile
Enderle Fuel Filter with shutoff - pros/cons?
« on: March 09, 2015, 12:32:28 PM »
I'm in the process of getting the remaining pieces I need for my injection set up. I've mentioned this before, but the dragster I'm building is more for my own enjoyment rather than to be really competitive - the goal has always been to try to build something as close as possible to period while still meeting the safety requirements. I was looking on the alkydigger site, and noticed that Enderle still makes two of the old style fuel filters - one with a shut off vale, and one without. If I get the one with the shutoff valve, I'm assuming it would be used in lieu of a shut off on the pump.

Is there a downside to using this set up and having the shut off on the feed side of the pump rather than the pressure side? Or would this filter actually be mounted on the pressure side of the pump?

Thanks!
Dean   

Offline George

• View Profile
  • Your Vehicle: 1964 Mercury Comet Super Stock/ M automatic
  • General Location: Midwest USA

dreracecar

Re: Enderle Fuel Filter with shutoff - pros/cons?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 02:40:59 PM »
No! because the pump will run dry, shut off valve comes with 2 outlets, shutting the valve at the main fuel outlet will divert fuel to the other -6 outlet and feed that into the inlet side of the pump so that the fuel just circulates within the pump housing keeping it from going dry and killing the pump