Author Topic: New to the scene  (Read 8263 times)

Offline racer

• View Profile
New to the scene
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:47:56 AM »
My name is jeff leeke sr and i have been thinking of building ne of these fd cars for a while.i run a flatbotton 18ft vdrive boat with a ford fe in it and we just went blown/alky/injected with a new engine package..bought one of worms xmas drawing tickets and bingo!! i won the chassis..he is buildin me a 200" deal,tacked,rearend housing and engine plate for my fe deal..will have rooman do me a body and someother work as needed and will finish this car over the next yr..then out of the boat and into the rail with my fe.will ask lots of questions and try to make it to several show's this seson as i need to learn alot and would like to make fewer mistakes by asking and seeing what truly seems to work in these cars..cant afford to build it 2 or 3 times so please bear with me and some of my stupid questions!!lol already got a set of hayden fronts with tires rady to install and just picked up a alum center and spool and lightened ring &pinion set for the rear with the strange coupler/yoke ..seems one of my biggest ticket items will be the trans and bellhousing setup to get it to the fe..next will be rear tires and wheels so when i get the car to my shop we should be able to get her roll'n in no time.mr john up at slingshot told me mid march for the chassis so no pics of her yet but here is on of my ford fe we will run..thanks for having us and hope to meet several of you soon..jeff leeke sr
life is what ya make it!! lets have some fun..

Offline Frontenginedragsters

• View Profile
    • Pro-Formance Specialties
Re: New to the scene
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:29:29 AM »
 Hello Jeff:
I welcome another FED owner and another Ford guy! 8)
What part of the country are you in and where do you think you will be racing?
Matt
Driving a Front Engine Dragster builds character and keeps you awake for a 1/4 mile at a time.
http://www.pro-formancespecialties.com/

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 04:48:08 AM »
Welcome to the board.

Great introduction.

There are no stupid questions!

We have a great resources here on Front Engine Dragsters.

We have three gentlemen that have stepped up to host questions in their particular area of expertise.

In the Technical category you will find;

Spuds Miller’s Cave where you can ask questions of and get answers from Spud Miller of FIE (Fuel and Ignition).

Roo Man's Room where you can Ask questions of and get answers from Keith Burgan of Roo Man Motor Sports / Vintage Racing Supply (Steering, Suspension, Chassis, Fabrication, Racing History)

Matt Shaff's Engine Shop where you can ask questions of and get answers from Matt Shaff of Pro-Formance Specialties (Engine)

These are great resources unique to this forum, and free to members of the forum.

Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline racer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 06:46:12 AM »
we are located just south west of cincinnati ohio in a small town called petersburg ky.. will run were i find the best group to run with..have raced many different venues in my life and always had to travel to race the good ones.. we have a local strip here called edgewater and i know dick that ownes it so we many test or even run some bracket stuff there but i really to travel as its part of the fun of going to the races.. shame fuel cost so much!! im sure it will slow me down some..been out of racing since 2006 so ot was a bit easier on the old pocketbook back then. cant wait to meet rooman..may stop by his shop when i attend the restoration hotrod show next month.thanks for the welcome and i will post some picks of my project as we roll along with it..im thinking it should be ready to test sometime in 2014. hopefully spring!! jeff
life is what ya make it!! lets have some fun..

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 07:13:10 AM »
we are located just south west of cincinnati ohio in a small town called petersburg ky.. will run were i find the best group to run with..have raced many different venues in my life and always had to travel to race the good ones.. we have a local strip here called edgewater and i know dick that ownes it so we many test or even run some bracket stuff there but i really to travel as its part of the fun of going to the races.. shame fuel cost so much!! im sure it will slow me down some..been out of racing since 2006 so ot was a bit easier on the old pocketbook back then. cant wait to meet rooman..may stop by his shop when i attend the restoration hotrod show next month.thanks for the welcome and i will post some picks of my project as we roll along with it..im thinking it should be ready to test sometime in 2014. hopefully spring!! jeff

The Nostalgia Drag Racing League (NDRL) is holding an event at Edgewater Sports Park August 23-24

It is a good series, I have posted the event on the calander
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline Blind Mule

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 08:12:08 AM »
Dang I didn't realize all the FED's that have Ford motors thats amazing kinda wierd after you see all the Chevy powered red's :o

Also amazes me all the FED's out there regardless of engine lotsa interest 8)

Randy!