Author Topic: narrowing field of view  (Read 16114 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Re: narrowing field of view
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »
But does he get printout from every light? Good practice great .Bad pratice not so much.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline BK

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.45 / 5.30
  • Your Track: Empire Dagway
  • Your Vehicle: Late 70's FED
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 08:06:08 AM »
top bulb here my spot any blink. Just want to catch first 1/4 of that blink everytime. If i do that dialing box in is easy. I have thought about clip on bliners for side of visor oppisite of the tree to cut down on things there.

Reason I have thought about this goes back to race we where at this spring,It was big money bracket race. While Lil brother was stagging a track personal pulled up to his right and gets out of golfcart outside of guardrail but still in his vision. He remained cool stopped,regrouped and drilled other guy .002 to .013.Who just happen to be one of the series golden boys.Might not have been intentional but sure looked funny.Yea hes the very com one in family,his big brother not so much.
It doesn't sound like you don't need blinders it sounds like you need to put your brother in the car!

Offline tinbanger

• View Profile
    • William
  • Your Best Time: 7.85
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley
  • Your Vehicle: 225" Spitzer FED
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 08:30:58 AM »
Practice tree or stop light is still hand eye coordination. It's all about training fast twitch muscle to react to you eye. Muscle memory is key.   

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 09:27:05 AM »
Nobody drives this car but me. Lil brother might have 12 years of youth on his side. But electronics can make up for that. Never said I can't do it as matter of fact have done so ,might have been 20 years then I did not have the electronics then either.Cutting conssitent dbl o's very common  with all of the driver aids.As matter of fact there is  a post on DRR about guy who just won divisonal title at 73 years young and had two tripple 0 and one in final round to win title.

Cutting down field of veiw to equal to same as rear engine car will just eliminate possible issue I have been told of by guys who use to run fed's.Also told by two they never realized differance until they drove RED afterwards.One told me he went from door car to fed and felt like he was sitting in another time zone from the tree. Its all a perspective thing I guess.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:38:37 AM by wideopen231 »
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline BK

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.45 / 5.30
  • Your Track: Empire Dagway
  • Your Vehicle: Late 70's FED
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
I should have put a smiley face on my post. It was only meant in jest. 

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »
I took it that  way BK. I have built everything in.on or about this car for me to drive.All I meant. I wanted a fed for my first car when Iwas 18 and ended up building 66 Nova and then went to TA/D. I have drawing that where made 5 years before I got into house with garage. Two weeks later I was buying tubing. No foul.