Drag Racing Discussions > Door Cars

What did you do on your Door Car TODAY?

(1/3) > >>

GlennLever:
What did you do on your Door Car TODAY?

1000hpJohn:
Bump to kick start this again. :D

Today I fired up the heater and raised the back end of my Elky up and disconnected the anti roll bar links, the lower shock bolts, removed the calipers and than the drive shaft.  Removed the 4 link bars and the wishbone and pulled the axle out from under to repair a fracture on one of the tubes.  I'll fire up the tig welder and get it fixed.  Need to pull out the nitrous bottle, driver seat and shifter, pull the carpet back and start with the new floor mount brake pedal I'm installing.  Since building new fender headers, the M/C on firewall was in the way.  Going with two remote reservoirs and two M/C's.
That's about it for the day.

John

GlennLever:
Elkys are near and dear to my heart and I do like their rear ends and have spent time there

Yes this was mine until it was sold.

1000hpJohn:
From your engine pic you sent me a few years back, I could tell lots of love was shown to that girl!!! Lol
I always wanted a 68 but saw the 72 and was going to keep it as a daily work truck, but, had too much new race car parts crap in my apartment so it went into the morph stage and ended up going 8'a ;D

GlennLever:
This was a true 1970 369SS

The only way to know on the 70 was to have the build sheet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version