Author Topic: Stagging Rules / Etiquette  (Read 19920 times)

Offline Paul New

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.47 @ 214 MPH SBC
  • Your Engine: 387" SBC
  • Your Track: Woodburn Dragstrip
  • Your Vehicle: 2005 FED
Re: Stagging Rules / Etiquette
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 10:01:17 AM »
I really like to prestage first, and I try hard to do that.

I then wait for the other guy to prestage.

In the last couple of races I have been to more then 50% of the time the other guy has been double bulbing  me, forcing me to be the last to stage.

Glenn knowing you prefer to pre-stage first and being your competition I can say that I would pre-stage before you to throw your game off. With me being a clutch car once both cars a pre-staged I start to bring my RPM's up and begin to roll in. The only ritual I have is I try to do my burnout at the same time as my competition for the show.

Offline dusterdave173

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 5.38in 1/8th
  • Your Engine: 355 CI SBC
  • Your Track: Mooresville, NC
  • Your Vehicle: CenPen 200 inch FED
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »
That is why there are fights at a racetrack--if I lost a round to those kinds of actions I would be in butt whipping mode--crude but it works to prevent future problems with that racer-- and if the track lets any racer stage like that -- well then all the better that you are not to attend there again any time soon.
I embrace the entire "nostalgia" package :)

You are agreeing or disagreeing with staging etiquette?

I try and present an unflappable appearance, I will take what ever you give me and run my race.

Glenn I am on your side--if the guy stage backwards on purpose to gain an illegal advantage he is an
A#@H*&^ and deserves a word behind the trailer to correct his abuse.

Really the track should have put you in next round and tossed him out. Rules say you must stage in forward motion--everone should know that--if he did not know it --he should remember well after having a round taken away
Tracks are SLACK when it comes to things like these--just ask all the footbrake guys that get slaughtered every week by cars that are illegal and NEVER teched and checked and tossed out

I am doing the FED thing for fun so these type issues don't bother me like they used to when we bracket raced 3 days a week
I have always had a fascination with fast cars at the expense of more normal character development

Offline digster

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.01 1/4
  • Your Engine: Hilborn Injected 427 SBC (Methanol)
  • Your Track: Top End Raceways, Sabin Mn
  • Your Vehicle: 1970 190 inch FED
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 07:32:07 PM »
Staging in reverse then nailing first gear is a good way to have an explosion with many transmissions! Just sayin

Offline longm1958

• Couldn't have done anything without my wife,Becca
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: still building so nothing to report
  • Your Engine: Injected 410" SBF on alky
  • Your Track: Silver Dollar when car is complete
  • Your Vehicle: -----
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 07:13:56 AM »
Wow, it sure sounds like I have a lot to learn about racing. Been around the tracks for years but never noticed those games before. I have seen guys staging while backing up but didn't know it was illegal. Just an amateur I guess?
Mike L in Ga.

Offline Pipe Dreams

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.09@165
  • Your Engine: 416 small block MOPAR
  • Your Track: Milan,Mi or Norwalk,Oh
  • Your Vehicle: 170" woody gilmore fed
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 08:26:10 PM »
Wow, it sure sounds like I have a lot to learn about racing. Been around the tracks for years but never noticed those games before. I have seen guys staging while backing up but didn't know it was illegal. Just an amateur I guess?

I'm not sure where the conversation came from on staging while backing up?

The last move to stage must be in a forward direction.

What I was talking about was double bulbing.

What should happen is one racer sets the pre stage light and then waits until the second racer lights his pre stage light and then waits for the first racer to set the staged light before the second racer moves forward to set his staged light.

Guess I' m alittle at a loss. I always wait for the other person to pre stage, but after that I stage when I am ready. Not based on who pre staged 1st or 2nd.

Offline Paul New

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.47 @ 214 MPH SBC
  • Your Engine: 387" SBC
  • Your Track: Woodburn Dragstrip
  • Your Vehicle: 2005 FED
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 10:09:20 PM »

I'm not sure where the conversation came from on staging while backing up?

The last move to stage must be in a forward direction.

What I was talking about was double bulbing.

What should happen is one racer sets the pre stage light and then waits until the second racer lights his pre stage light and then waits for the first racer to set the staged light before the second racer moves forward to set his staged light.

Guess I' m alittle at a loss. I always wait for the other person to pre stage, but after that I stage when I am ready. Not based on who pre staged 1st or 2nd.
Yes I agree once both racers are pre-staged it is fair for either racer to roll in first.

Offline roadster27

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.53@183 1/4 mile
  • Your Engine: 565 dart
  • Your Track: castrol raceway , edmonton , alberta
  • Your Vehicle: 27T harwood roadster
  • General Location: rocky mountains
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 04:59:03 PM »
something that happened to me on autostart was my JW trans and trans brake would bounce when applied and when the tree came down I got a red light , cured the problem with a new BTE/Reid pg and pro brake , no more red lights , $5000 poorer too
Harwood roadster 27T
565 , PG , 4.10
Top Eliminator