Author Topic: Early RED for sale  (Read 4731 times)

Offline Dolmetsch

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: dont bother with times anyome (last 4 years) just
  • Your Engine: 225 slant six Dodge . 246 cubes on 94 octane
  • Your Track: Picton Airfield
  • Your Vehicle: The Senior Dragster
Early RED for sale
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:15:45 AM »
I heard today the old What a Ride RED is for sale. The car was for many years a regular at Shannonville, Luskville and Cayuga. It is a moly car and if memory serves me is an old Swindol car. it still has its 57 olds rear (Mark Williams axles but old coarse spline and no spool.) I used to supply the power plant (flat tappet single 4BBl 454 Chevy) for this car in the 1990s and it was the first local car in the 8s at Shannonville. Later Wayne Stewart bought it as a roller and supplied his own power plant. Wayne has returned to his first love , door cars and has put the REd up as a roller. Asking is only $2000. As I recall it is still in decent condition so that is a steal. Wayne lives in Demorestville, Prince Edward County Ontario Canada, a town with almost one race car per capita.
Just a heads up in case someone is looking for a good vintage RED.  This car was originally run in our area by racer Paul Ruttan.
don
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:50:07 PM by Dolmetsch »
SR Dragster, because old people need to have fun too!

Offline Dolmetsch

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: dont bother with times anyome (last 4 years) just
  • Your Engine: 225 slant six Dodge . 246 cubes on 94 octane
  • Your Track: Picton Airfield
  • Your Vehicle: The Senior Dragster
Re: Early RED for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:22:34 PM »
I should mention this car is not a piece of crap. It is a pretty decent piece. The low price simply reflects in our area there is a big move back to door cars and there is simply no market for REDs right here as there are several for sale. I even considered picking it up at that price just to flip because it is a steal however MRS D would shoot me if I bring one more project to the place.
don
SR Dragster, because old people need to have fun too!