Author Topic: FED to Norway  (Read 78997 times)

Offline retroboy

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Whyalla
  • Your Vehicle: FED
Re: FED to Norway
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2015, 03:22:15 AM »
Come on man the suspense is killin' me. I saw the pic's on Facebook but no word from you? How did you go on the weekend? 

Offline gasserx

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 - 9.08
  • Your Track: Gardermoen Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: 180" FED
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2015, 04:01:16 AM »
Come on man the suspense is killin' me. I saw the pic's on Facebook but no word from you? How did you go on the weekend?

Sorry :)
It went better than i hoped for, although we struggled a little bit on saturday with various issues. We had a great weekend, and there was lot of nice people helping us and gave us thumbs up!

Here is a video from one of the test-runs on sunday:

Offline gasserx

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2016, 04:44:30 AM »
Maybe time for a little update...
Think maybe i posted some in other places in the forum but anyway  :D

My trailer project went to h**l, not because it didnt work, but because of the "officals", to much forwards and back, so i sold it to a guy that was more motivated..haha.
So, i bought this:

Old Mercedes 508 wich have been a military vehicle, barely used, and stored inside for the most of its life. These machines are known to go for ever, and they are very popular to convert into campers for long trips around the world.Well, thats not my plan with it. I hope to find a way to tuck my FED in there somehow - and be able to have a couple of "removable" beds and some storage for tools etc. Its cargo space is just a little bit too short to get the doors closed, but i have a plan for a small extension back there...or, Im actually thinking about shorten my dragster chassis too... i like the way it handles on the strip, but there are several practical reasons for wanting a shorter chassis. I have been in several situations last summer that i had to handle the car all by myself, and i find it hard to move it around etc becuase of the length. My garage is also on the short side...it fits, but just about.

Dont remember exactly how many passes i got, but i think 16 or 17. Best run ended with a 9.08 @ 1/4mile - it went faster and faster every time. Learned A LOT. And i have lots more to learn, and few tuning tips to apply.
Had plans for another event, but found some glitter in the oil, so the engine was taken apart. Just needed to polish the crank, and change to new bearings.

Here is one of the best runs.

After the season ended, i was invited to Norways largest Car show, and i had FED on display there over the weekend.

Spring is closing in, so i better get back to work soon :D

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2016, 05:57:37 AM »
To bad about the trailer, but if you get the van to work that will be great.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline ricardo1967

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: No full pass yet.
  • Your Engine: Alky SBC 400
  • Your Track: Brown County Dragway (Bean Blossom, IN)
  • Your Vehicle: 173" FED
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2016, 09:33:17 AM »
That's one great looking FED!

Offline JeffV8

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Quaker city
  • Your Vehicle: 164" Woody Gilmore Flexie
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »
Looking good.

Offline Steve Watson

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.01 167 1/4 mile
  • Your Engine: sbf
  • Your Track: Cayuga Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 32 Bantam Altered
  • General Location: Toronto Canada
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »
 Awesome thread here, great looking car and tremendous desire by the owner to get it all together and to the track. Love the videos, motor sounds killer. As far as your history goes, here's my addition. Early photos, no way it was a Canadian record holder in the 50's. that style of chassis is probably 67 or 68 build. Definitely Eastern Canada car as pics are at Sanair ( Quebec Cda) and drivers name would appear to be French Canadian. It would have competed in NHRA division 1 in Comp eliminator probably in the C/D class. Real cool car you got there man, keep at it and please more video. Your local track looks very nice and sure has some teeth. Cheers

Offline gasserx

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2016, 03:30:07 AM »
Awesome thread here, great looking car and tremendous desire by the owner to get it all together and to the track. Love the videos, motor sounds killer. As far as your history goes, here's my addition. Early photos, no way it was a Canadian record holder in the 50's. that style of chassis is probably 67 or 68 build. Definitely Eastern Canada car as pics are at Sanair ( Quebec Cda) and drivers name would appear to be French Canadian. It would have competed in NHRA division 1 in Comp eliminator probably in the C/D class. Real cool car you got there man, keep at it and please more video. Your local track looks very nice and sure has some teeth. Cheers

Hi Steve, think you got something wrong somewhere, or i have typed in some strange things..haha.
But it was sure not a 50`s record holder, but i think i wrote somewhere that i spoke to some Canadian guy wich had been racing in the 50`s with some records and that he was helping me out or something...
I know my car is built somewhere in the late 60`s. I was able to track down history to the late 70`s, but it stopped there.
I have some information that might be useful to the correct person, but i need to find some oldtimers from around Montreal that would remember the car - no luck so far.

Thanks for the kind words :)