Author Topic: scott super slot injector  (Read 29417 times)

Offline DeSoto

• View Profile
  • Your Track: morocco In.
  • Your Vehicle: 68 barracuda
Re: scott super slot injector
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »
 That is a lot of information there.
I would like to run this with the scott style pump but as far as I can tell they are
next to impossible to get your hands on. I don't think there is a workable substitute.
 It took me two years of looking to find this incomplete injector and it wasnt really what could be called reasonably priced because there are not many of these out there to be found.
 I would guess if I keep looking I may be able to come up with a old scott pump in a few years maybe. I would call it lucky but not likely.
 I think for this reason I believe I want to pursue the hilborn pump route to get this going with parts that can be had easily.
 So to do this from what I have gathered I will need the following...
 A hilborn style pump (hilborn150)
 A fuel shut off (doesn't matter brand)
A barrel valve (Enderle side mounted) scott metering valve on injector body no longer used
A bypass line back to tank
 Am I missing anything here?
 Do you guys think this is a good plan or should I continue searching for the correct pump?
 I am concerned I may never find one.
 What would you do to get this working again? Although I know it would make more sense to most racers, I don't want to hear buy a new hilborn set up.
Using a vintage part is the main objective for me.
 You guys have been contributing alot to help me understand what options i have to sort through my problem and I believe I understand most of what has been posted here. Many thanks, and keep your thoughts coming.

dreracecar

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »
Enderle BV will be hard to adapt because of its size and the placement of the spool and fittings. By using the Hilborn BV off the 4 port uprite injector the shaft araingment is very simular and very easy to adapt to

Offline DeSoto

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 01:51:45 AM »
Thanks for the correction and tip, Dreracecar.
 Is this barrel valve something I should contact hilborn and buy new or is this a part that finding
used could work out OK.

dreracecar

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 09:28:20 AM »
Chances are you will not find a used unit or if you did I would be suspect of its condition.
BV and componants will run you say around $300/$400 and then you will have to make a plate that goes between the injector and blower to mount the BV. then you will have to machine the MV off the front of the Scott to get access to the throttle shaft. You may have to machine a little off the bottom (or raise)of the scoop for linkage clearence.
I have the ability to do this for you if you feel overwelmed or do not have access to the equip, cost is the parts  plus time (approx $300 lbr) but you will have workable Scott system. Your other alternative is to find a Scott pump and figure out a crank drive for it.
let me know if I can help

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »
couldn't the linkage be picked up of the rear of the scoop,

and a enderle square barrel valve

If you made the right bracket, it looks like you could mount the Square valve directly in back of the shaft coming out of the hat and use a simple coupler to attach the two together (sleeve with two Allen bolts).

Crower barrel valve on the rear of a crower hat with linkage

found this picture with scoot scoop but enderle injector (with "K" valve) under it (just a thought)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:12:06 AM by GlennLever »
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

dreracecar

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 11:20:18 AM »
Anything can be done, its a matter of cost -availability-fit.
Using current parts on a old casting, and the ability to get the basic set up/nozzles and lines fits those issues with the least amount of effort and cost.
Enderle will not work because of size and shape plus fitting placement, so it will have to be placed really off to one side and look like crap
Enderle "K" valve is expensive, and have extra ports and checks that wont be used.
Crower (RONS FI) is pricey and one still has to adapt.
My way starts with new parts from that era that a racer could have done that conversion back then.

Offline DeSoto

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 12:46:41 PM »
I will have a little more time after work to go over all your post. I kind of quickly skimmed them for now. I do like the sound doing this in a way that could have been done back in the day.
  I have a Joe hunt magneto  that stands up 3 1/2" higher than usual and is very close to the blower case. Less than a 1/2" clearance.  A hilborn right angle pump drive is the reason for this extra height. I can use this drive to run the pump if needed. If I take the angle drive out I would have to change to a longer shaft in the magneto to reach the gear.

Offline DeSoto

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 01:02:11 PM »
Another thing I should have mentioned is my blower manifold is not finished yet so if I needed a little more height in the rear to keep things off the magneto I could raise the blower a bit. I was trying to keep it as low as possible but if room is needed.