Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

cooling the fed

(1/3) > >>

buickfed:
the driver, my son, likes to do laps with any car i build including the rail. so the engine is kind of built nascar style. lol. how many of you use a radiator and what do you use?

john

ricardo1967:
I think your decision will heavily depend on what fuel (gas or alky) you use. And also how lean (or fat) is tuned.

buickfed:
we run gas. i try to keep it as simple as possible. but building a buick is not so simple sometimes.  ;D

GlennLever:
Right from the get go I knew I wanted to cool the engine so that I could run laps.

To that end I have a pump and a radiator

The first year out when I was running in the 9's it work quite well

Last year we stepped the HP up and to keep it cool and be able to run from the pits to the line, make a run and drive back to the pits we had to convert to alky (through a carb, not much of a change). With that set up it takes about 10 minutes in the pits with the pump and fan running to cool it all the way down to make another run. In my opinion worth it.

Now I'm going to a blown application with mechanical fuel injection and I'm going to keep the cooling system

I have taken some heat because of the extra weight it adds, and it's just not the "normal" way, but I like how convenient it is.

Frontenginedragsters:
FEDs need to be towed back !! ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version