Author Topic: Roll Call Who Is going to NDRL Summer Jam at the Blue Suede Cruise Norwalk Ohio  (Read 11256 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Don't make the mistake I made and not preregister (I did not for the HRR as I did not know if I would be able to make it.

Not sure if this link will work but I'll try this should be the down load of the preregistration form http://summitmotorsportspark.com/images/pdf/Blue_Suede_Cruise/blue_suede_cruise_racer_form_2014_feb.pdf

As I have not been here before I am open to suggestions.

The Nostalgia Drag Racing League (NDRL) is bringing their classes to AkzoNobel Wanda Blue Suede Cruise. Racers qualify Friday and Saturday,then race on Sunday.

NDRL Pro 7.00 (FED, Altered, F/C or Door Slammer ’79 and older)
Car & Driver: $100
Payout: Winner: $1200; Runner-Up: $600; Semi’s: $300

NDRL Pro 7.50 (FED, Altered, F/C or Door Slammer ’79 and older)
Payout: $1000; Runner-Up: $500; Semi’s $250

NDRL Pro Comp (FED, Altered, F/C or Roadsters)
Indexes: 8.00, 8.50, 9.00, 9.50, 10.00
Payout: $800, Runner-Up: $400; Semi’s: $200

NDRL Pro Gas (’79 and older Door Slammers, Must have working doors)
Indexes: 8.00, 8.50, 9.00, 9.50, 10.00
Payout: $800, Runner-Up: $400; Semi’s: $200

Hot Rod Eliminator I ('79 and older Door Slammers, Must have working doors; 0 – 11:99)
Car & Driver: $40
Payout: Winner: $600, Runner-Up: $250; Semi’s: $75; Quarter’s: $40

Hot Rod Eliminator II ('79 and older Door Slammers, Must have working doors; 12:00 and slower)
Car & Driver: $40
Payout: Winner: $600, Runner-Up: $250; Semi’s: $75; Quarter’s: $40
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:44:36 PM by GlennLever »
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
Sent my preregistration in today
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:31:38 PM by GlennLever »
Glenn R. Lever

Offline 32bantam

• View Profile
    • SS3 Race Team
  • Your Best Time: 6.87 at BG 2013 aiming for 7.0
  • Your Vehicle: 32 Bantam altered
SS3 altered will be there !!!
Steve Walczak

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
SS3 altered will be there !!!
See you in Linder's lot.
Glenn R. Lever

Offline masracingtd1167

• bill masiello Shelton Ct.
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.40's at 181 on motor 6.94 at 192 nitrous
  • Your Engine: 394 chevy
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 2003 Neil and Parks
I really wish I could go but I have to help my son at the Epping divisional . I want another shot at Wayne Sear's !

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
Glenn R. Lever

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
This is the most beautiful track I have been to.

Free electric hook up, a pound of ice cream for a $1.00.

Great pits, fantastic track preparation, nice people. A great experience.

The rain however continues to follow us. We have lost one round of qualifying due to rain.

Norwalk racing report.

We changed a lot of things on the dragster.

We added two degrees of timing, now at 30.

Added ¼ pounds of air to the tires, now at 8 PSI

First round of qualifying changed the main pill to 95, top pulley to 57, A/F was at 4.289 for the run, was dead and flat and sounded fat at the top end, ran a 7.986 too fast for a 8.00 index.

Second round change main pill to 100, top pulley to 58 (bottom pulley both rounds was a 42, A/F was a 4.31, top end was better, EGT’s are still hot, no heat in the plugs, timing both rounds was 30 ran 8.080 at 160 MPH (MPH fell from 162). 

That puts us as number 6 in qualifying, this is a very competitive class.
Glenn R. Lever

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
Norwalk update.

So the rain stopped, and we got a third round of qualifying in.

This NDRL series is tight, to give you an idea we bettered out last qualifying run by .020 (8.06) and went from 6th place to 9th place in the rankings.

The data  logger says we spun the tires just a bit on the launch so we will soften the tires up by .25 PSI for our first round of eliminations.

Glenn R. Lever

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
Norwalk update

Well we made it to the semi finals (only three vehicles left in the Pro Comp class).

Pulled up to run that round, started to do our burn out, and broke. Had sparks at my feet, pulled off to the side of the track and our competitor got a by run.

Towed it back to the pits and it looks like we sheared the bolts that hold the torque converter to the flex plate. They were grade eight bolts. I will replace them with ARP bolts.

I have to pull the transmission and torque converter, so I think I will have three additional lugs welded to the converter.

I want to get the dragster into the garage on Tuesday so I can get started on repairs (we will drive back from Norwalk on Monday)

While decommissioning the dragster found two more things, one there are several drips of transmission fluid on the transmission pan (hopefully it is just the seal on the front of the transmission) and when I went to crank it over I found I had no electrical power, did find one wire that had been disconnected by a bolt that was thrown out of the flex plate. But still no power. Will look into this when I pull the transmission.

Had a great time with great people and very good competitors. Racing is VERY tight.

A big thank you to Steve for the education he continues to give me.
Glenn R. Lever

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
Who ever taped this had something against green, they missed my round, but this is a good representation of the comitetion in the NDRL

Glenn R. Lever

Offline JeffV8

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Quaker city
  • Your Vehicle: 164" Woody Gilmore Flexie
You did good Glenn.

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
NDRL reigns supreme at the Summit
Smith, Mcuistion, Nave, and Robinson score big!

Norwalk,Oh. Summertime in Northern Ohio means only one thing and that is the annual running of the The Wanda/Akzo Nobel Blue Suede Cruise. This year marked the 13th running of this grand event and Summit Motorsports Park is the only place in the nation that can pull it off. Whether you’re on the grounds to show or to go, you will find entertainment for your entire family and this weekend’s weather made it absolutely perfect.

The Nostalgia Drag Racing League held its third race in the 2014 IAM Championship Season headlining the event and the racing could not have been any better. A NDRL record 86 cars took to the track for qualifying was fast and the numbers came fast.

Quick Fuel Technologies PRO GAS cleared qualifying first and it took Ohio native Kurt Neighbor taking his first lap of the event to take and hold the number one spot with a .002 lap on his C/G. index. NDRL members Mike Shahan, Rob Davis, David Conover, and John Treesh (running .018 over) rounded out the top 5. This was the tightest qualifying field for this class this season. Semifinal pairings found Dave Mullin taking his ’37 Chevy Gasser to the finals over Chuck Owen and his beautiful ’70 Camaro. Kenny Robinson and NDRL Champ Sam Patrick left together with Robinson nosing Patrick at the stripe and advancing him to the finals. Robinson carried that momentum and throwing the Ford fans a bone by taking the early advantage and holding it down track to take his first NDRL event win.
PRO COMP had similar results as the qualifying was tight and Canadian Brian Bourne showed the rest of class who is boss as it took him one round to drill out a dead on 9.006 lap to cover his C/C index and earn the bye for round one. Ed Kasicki, Earl Rozhon, Rusty Vaughn, and Chris Guarnere (.033 over) rounded out the top 5. Semifinal pairings found Tim Reis getting a competition bye as Glenn Lever failed to make the call due to mechanical issues. Don Nave was on the other side of the semis taking the bye to set the final. Reis left first but was on the wrong end of a double breakout handing the win to Nave.

PRO 7.50 found familiar faces in familiar places. The pride of Island, KY Pat Freels, took his ’66 Pontiac to the top of the heap in the third session slapping John Bartos 7.507 lap to the side running a 7.502 to take point. Derek McCuistion, Pat Malloy, and Wayne Sears rounded out the top 5. Semifinal pairings has defending champion Sears taking out Brandon Anderson and McCuistion taking the win over Bartos. McCuistion did not stop at the semis and drilled the tree taking the advantage from the hit and holding it to take his first NDRL event win.

Ross Racing Engines PRO 7.0 was the finale of the program all weekend and it was truly a case of saving the best for last. Defending Champ Larry Harlen rowed the gears on his Anglia to run a 7.036 and take the number 5 spot and you did read that correctly. Billy Smith swung for the fences early and knocked it into the next county running 7.004 on his first lap. Justin Malott tried for it but took his FED to a 7.007 to hold onto second. Mark Vaught was third (7.022) and Dana Glick was fourth (7.032) rounding out the tightest top 5 spots ever. Semifinal pairings found Malott dragging Vaught off the line but Vaught closed the gap and took the win. Smith and Robbie Freels were the lone pair with Freels leaving first but busting his index (-.014) to Smiths 7.048 advancing Smith to the final. Vaught was amped and left first but early (-.026) to Smiths .020 handing Smith his first NDRL event win. Smith was on a mission and the worst lap in eliminations was a 7.072 and he was killing some on that one.

The next event in the NDRL-IAM Championship Series will be the Briggs & Stratton Hot August Nights at RT.66 Dragway in Joliet, Illinois on August 16th.
As always, we would like to thank all of our loyal sponsors and racers as without them we would have nothing. IAMAW, Quick Fuel Technology, Briggs & Stratton, Ross Racing Engines, ET Genie, Hot Heads Research, Sexton-Wilbert Vault, DJ Safety, Renegade Race Fuels, Saldana Racing Products, Moser Engineering, Howards Cams, Deist Safety, Competition Products, Freedom Racing Engines, Wood River Auto Parts, ScottRods, Vintage Racing Supply, and Shorty Rader Racing.

Ross Racing Engines PRO 7.0
W- Billy Smith 7.037 / 187.16
RU- Mark Vaught 7.209 / 177.14

PRO 7.5
W- Derek McCuistion 7.512 / 177.49
RU- Wayne Sears 7.535 / 172.50

PRO Comp
W- Don Nave 8.486 (8.50) / 154.21
RU- Tim Reis 8.959 (9.00) / 140.04

Quick Fuel Technology PRO Gas
W- Kenny Robinson 10.015 (10.00) / 128.26
RU- Dave Mullin 8.575 (8.50) / 157.23