Author Topic: more spark!!!!!  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Zooman

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Willowbank Australia
  • Your Vehicle: injected nitro digger
more spark!!!!!
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
Here is the new FIE Supermag 5 (boosted to 8 amps primary) fitted to the Fossil Fueler injected nitro digger. The huge red monster coil had to be moved to the steering cross brace because it would not fit in the old position, beside the clutch can.

We fired her up once with an extra 5% b/v leak, and it still looks dry. So we'll add another 5% and ........GO TESTING! Cant wait. The extra fuel and spark should wake her up off the line....hahahahaha

Cheers
Graham Slapp

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
Re: more spark!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 06:30:32 AM »

Hi Graham!

You're running a large volume and high percentage of nitro, correct? And leaving from an idle? I made the same change a few years ago...had my idle tuneup all tried and true, then threw the big coil on it. It dried up the idle and the car fell on it's nose when I left. I had to richen it WAAAYY up at idle to get the pipes wet again (I ended up boosting idle fuel pressure to 100 PSI). Then it was an absolute monster compared to before.

Get those pipes wet again like before - you said it still looks dry...NOT GOOD. Get it drizzling and spitting like it used to at idle and you'll be shocked at the improvement. Burning a bunch more volume at idle means when you nail it, it's going to go berserk. In a good way :)

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions